Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Still Working On It

Yes, I'm well aware that I suck pretty hard when it comes to updating this blog. I really don't know why, but I guess it has to do with the fact that anything I'm working on at this point is generally with the rooms, and it's pretty hard to make anything about the rooms sound fun.

So... rather than posting about the possibly interesting stuff I've done to the game during the summer, I'm going to bore you by talking about an enemy instead! Yay!



This particular enemy is the Sharpie.

Found in the regions within Aqua Shore, these creatures simply crawl along the floor, walls, and ceiling.



They're pretty harmless as long as you keep your distance, but if you get too close...



... they'll extend their spines in self-defense. So long as you don't touch them in this state, you'll be fine. Sharpies can be best described as 'moving spikes.' Any other soft-bodied creature that touches the Sharpie when its spines are extended will take damage.



Unlike most other enemies you'll encounter, Sharpies have hard shells as their armor and are impervious to most attacks. While it's certainly possible to defeat these types of enemies by slowly whittling down their health, you're better off using a hard hitting attack such as Tiger Force or a charged up attack.

4 comments:

  1. nice ^_^
    Slightly OT comment: i think your "water cave" would render better if you "unalign" those diamonds rocks in the bg from those in the fg.

    Keep up. You've got a nice concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expanding the world eh..
    I cant wait to play the full version of this. Keep up with the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! It's great to see the game is still progressing. It'd be cool to see what percent the game is at until completion in your updates. And where's your Paypal donation button? Some people would like to give something back for your work(At least I would).

    Oh and I had an idea for the character's names. You could name the girl Gen and the guy would be Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited about the prospect of beating my head uselessly on an enemy instead of a puzzle boss for once.

    ReplyDelete